Frequently Asked Questions

Who can enroll in CalPac?

Students in grades TK-12 who are 18 and under can attend CalPac. Students must live in the service area, and must be able to provide a proof of residence within one of the following counties:
● Imperial
● Kern
● Los Angeles
● Orange
● Riverside
● San Bernardino
● San Diego
● Ventura

What is the cost to attend CalPac?

CalPac is free to those who reside within our servicing counties.

● Imperial
● Kern
● Los Angeles
● Orange
● Riverside
● San Bernardino
● San Diego
● Ventura

What documents are required to enroll?

● Proof of Residency
● Birth Certificate
● Immunization Records
● Unofficial Transcripts (High School only)
● IEP or 504 documents (if applicable)

Translated documents are available upon request.

What if my child doesn’t have immunization records?

Governor Jerry Brown signed Senate Bill 277 in 2015, which, among other things, amended Health and Safety Code section 120335 to require that all students, upon first admission to a private and public elementary or secondary school, child care center, day nursery, nursery school, family day care home or development center, show proof of immunization against the following diseases: (1) Diphtheria; (2) Haemophilus influenzae type b; (3) Measles; (4) Mumps; (5) Pertussis (whooping cough); (6) Poliomyelitis; (7) Rubella; (8) Tetanus; (9) Hepatitis B; and, (10) Varicella (chickenpox).

However, students enrolled in home-based private school and independent study programs are also exempt. Health and Safety Code section 120335(f).

CalPac is an independent study program, and its primary method of instruction is independent study in accordance with Ed. Code section 551745 et seq. As such, a student enrolled in CalPac is exempt from the requirements of Senate Bill 277, as enacted, pursuant to Health and Safety Code section 120335(f). If a student were to enroll in another educational program that is not an independent study program, of course, then the requirements of Senate Bill 277 would apply to that student.

For more information about SB 277 and the immunization requirements, please visit the:
a. California Department of Public Health’s website at; or
b. Contact your local health department or county office of education.

What is the contact info for the enrollment process at CalPac?
(855) 225-7227 or

How is attendance earned at CalPac?

The attendance policy requires students to complete academic work each school day in order to earn attendance. The work completed must be done on a scheduled school day in order to earn attendance (work completed on non-school days do not earn attendance credit).

What does CalPac consider as “work”?

Completed work primarily consists of quizzes, tests, exams, and assessments. Online classroom completed work that also counts toward attendance include: assignments (written or multiple choice), homework, lectures, and lab assignments. There are also academic activities that may count toward earned attendance that include: live class session participation, PE activities, field trip attendance, club participation, research/reading/and, or study time (must be written down in the student activity log in order to be assessed as possible attendance credit).

What about absences?

Per the CA department of education there are no excused absences with independent study programs. CalPac handles each attendance issue on an individual basis. CalPac faculty and staff will work with parent and student to ensure that help is provided when needed; however, the CalPac attendance policy, as agreed upon signing the master agreement, states that a student may be withdrawn for missing 20 consecutive days.

What tests are required for this program?

Final Exams -
At the end of each semester, most high school students (and some middle school students) are required to have their final exams proctored, depending on course enrollments. Students are given several options for having their final exams proctored; including options that allow the student to test from home.

State Testing
Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC)
Physical Fitness Test

Do I have to test in person?

All high school and middle school applicable students are required to attend California state testing. State-required testing must be completed at one of our pre-arranged locations and may not be taken from home.

The dates for administration of these tests are set by the state and will be on the calendar at the beginning of the school year.

When state testing is required, students and parents must arrange for transportation to and from the nearest testing location.

Oops! We couldn't find anything matching your query.